Methodist College of Kuala Lumpur held their annual Midsummer Masquerade last Friday. Sadly, it isn't what you expect it to be or rather, not how I expect it to be. Lol. Honestly, when I first found out that there is an annual masquerade when I first registered, I was thinking that it would be like the ones in Gossip Girl where the girls will dress up in a fancy dress and put on an equally pretty mask. Unfortunately, it didn't really turn out to be that way. The main reason the event is held is to inaugurate the new Student Council board for the new semester. If I have not mistaken. And if you do not know already, our masquerade was held in the school field right beside our college. Yes, a field not even a hotel. However, I can say that overall, it turned out to be all good. :)
I can say that our masquerade is pretty cool considering the fact that the students are encouraged to dress up as anything they like. Seriously, when I said anything, I meant it. Lol. You should have been there to actually have a look for yourself. People coming in various costumes, shapes & sizes. They should really be given credits for their creativity.
Of course, I dressed up as something too. Not just something but a cowgirl. :D Truthfully, I was cracking my head on what to wear for the event until I discussed with Ee Vein and we finally decided to dress up as cowgirls. Or according to a friend, lesbian cowgirls as we are always together wherever we go and we occasionally wear the same or similar clothes. Lol.
Anyway, I'd like to share a bit on how my Friday went. :) Ee Vein and I planned to go over to her house to get ready as we wanted to go to college together in the evening. So, after class, I went over to her place with her and met up with a friend of hers for lunch. Once we were done with lunch, we were wondering what should we do later on as we had so much time to spare. Little did we know, her friend suggested to watch a movie and Ice Age 4 it was. :) During our journey to Tropicana City Mall, her friend, Ian dared me to wear the cowboy hat around the mall from the minute we step into the mall until we went home. The wage was that if I did it, he'd pay for my movie ticket. Hahaha. If you know me well enough, you'd know that I accepted the challenge and got to watch the movie for free. :D Although he was really surprised that I accepted the challenge. Oh well. Hee. Plus, God knows what the passer by's think about us. Don't know and don't want to know.
After the movie, we had to rush like mad because we didn't have enough time to get ready as the friend we were supposed to follow wanted to leave earlier. As a result, we only had a mere 20 minutes to get ready. As a matter of fact, we didn't get to do our hair and make up and had to leave her house. Either way, nothing could stop us as we ended up making up and doing our hair in the car itself as it was the peak hour and the traffic was as usual - jammed. Hahaha. I swear that the other drivers and passengers around us were staring at us. Who cares. You only live once, no? :P Despite all the jam we had to go through, we manage to reach on time although we were one of the last to arrive among our friends.
About the agenda of the event, there is nothing much to say. Lol. It is the usual. Speeches. Performances. The handing down of the old Student Council board to the newly elected ones. Lucky draws. Award presentations. That is about all. Not forgetting, dinner. Must I say that the food served was pretty satisfying and delicious. Pretty wide range of barbecued meat and what nots. Other than that, it is just us running around taking pictures with one another. Yeap. Thats about it for the whole event in short. ;) All in all, it was a great night with superb companies.
PS. Sorry if this post didn't make much sense or my quality of writing is rotten. :/ Watching the Olympic games while blogging. Lol.
Nonetheless, below are just a few snips and snaps I had throughout the event. Teehee. Nothing out of the norm.
Vee Yen.
Ee Vein.
Andrew the flower pot.
Sherene.
Jin Hao the nerd.
S1201 Delta.
Sherwin.
Bryan aka Captain Jack Sparrow.
Andrew the bug catcher.
William le nerd.
Ivan.
Priscilla the Egyptian Princess.
Iverene ze Gypsy.
Kin-Hoe the bartender.















No comments:
Post a Comment