It was one fine day in August that I decided that I should be doing something useful in life. Well, I wish that enjoying life to the fullest equals to doing something useful in life but I do not want to just enjoy life under my parents' expenses. That's simply because everything is so costly now and my definition of enjoying life is spending my time with my favourite people in the world - you all. In other words, its all about spending money but not having an income.
Back to the main point, I went for job hunting with my college friend. Lol. Yes, I just had to do something besides shaking my legs and planting my ass on the sofa every single day. Walked from KLCC all the way to Bukit Bintang area just to enquire about jobs and what nots. To cut the long story short, I applied for a part time job at H&M and they got back to me (I'm pretty sure 99.99% of you already know this. Lmao.) I must give them some credit for their efficiency in employing people.
To cut the long story short, that is basically what I have been doing all these while. Work. My social life was pretty bad once I started work because it is a shift work and I usually get the night shift. What more when I used to work on Saturdays. Let me just say that it feels so wrong to be working on a Saturday when all your other friends are out roaming the streets of KL and you're just stuck in a retail store. Not cool. My life got pretty routined since then. Thankfully, I get some me time with whatever it is I want to do on my off days.
Little did I know, I've been working for almost 3 months now. Sitting down and typing this down now, I still can't believe that 3 months of my life has been spent working. I finally know how hard it is to earn money. Only because for the amount of work I have to do at times, I feel that I am underpaid. Money being earned with blood, sweat and tears. Okay, I just had to exaggerate there. Haha.
Nonetheless, working was not as easy as it looks or sound from the outside with the different customers you have to deal with everyday. Different customers with different attitudes from different corners of the world. There are definitely the good days and the bad. As much as working may not seem fun at all at times, I can say that I enjoy working as well thanks to my fun & crazy colleagues. They're what makes me pull through my dreadful working hours.
I must say that I've learnt so much in this short period of time too. Mainly how not to take sales advisors from other retail stores for granted. Just because they are there to help you hang and run your clothes as you easily and swiftly put on, stare in the mirror for half an hour and then walk out of the fitting room, it doesn't mean that you cannot help by making their life easier by simply overturning the clothes that you've tried on. And that's just one of the many million examples. Seriously, there are the days where all you want to do is rip your customers' heads off. Especially on your gloomy days. It simply feels as if they're there to just irritate you more.
That's working life for me thus far and I know this is just the beginning. Was applying for jobs in hopes of learning something new and experiencing how tough it is to earn money. I must say that my mission has accomplished and I'm proud and happy of myself for surviving working life for the past three months. Was definitely a good (and bad) experience as well as an eye opener. :)
I can go on and on but I think I shall stop here before you fall asleep about my nobody-cares-about-your-working-experience post. Feels as if I have been beating around the bush but I'm not gonna do anything about it. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment