I'm back! :D I was away for my church's annual youth camp the past 3 days which was held at Harvest Haven, Gopeng. To my disappointment, camp wasn't as fun as it ought to be this year. I mean, it is not that it isn't fun because there is always that special memory and special event that happens which makes the camp fun. But the fact that I felt that it wasn't as fun was probably because it was only 3 days and not the usual 4 days camp. Whatever it is, it was a great camp. On the other note, I think this camp has one of the highest campers after a very long time where youths started leaving to further their studies. We had a total of 42 campers which was really surprising and at the same time, a good news. Let me briefly share what happened over the 3 days.
Day 1.
We departed from our church at about 9.30 in the morning and made our way to Tapah, Perak where we had our lunch. We went to our usual spot - Pun Chun for lunch where they serve really good duck herb noodles. To be honest, thats basically the only thing I've tried since I first went there. Haha. That's the place which sells the famous chicken biscuits (鸡仔饼) too besides the many other cookies. After lunch, we continued our journey to our camp site. Upon our arrival, we had a mini briefing by the caretaker of the place and then were off to change as we had our games session right after that. I must say that we had lots of fun as well as tension in the air as we played the games. After that, we had our free time until dinner and then we had our first session. Our speaker for this camp was Bro. Theophiloas who holds a degree in Theology studies. I must say that he gave a good message as for one, he is not much older than us and can relate to us. Plus, his message was somewhat a message from God to us. Later that night, we had another round of games but indoor this time and were off to our rooms where we had a whole lot of other crazy activities. :D For instance, going ninja, manicure session & a few rounds of Monopoly deal.
Day 2.
We had to get our asses out of bed super early because we had a trip to the orang asli settlement in Chendriang. Our main objective of going over was to spend some time with the kids there as well as to minister to them. Had our breakfast and we set off to the settlement where we had a time of games, worship, short skit and craft time. We (which consists of most of the girls) even spent some time interacting with them by reading to them while the boys had a game of football. It was an eye opener in a way as we got to witness how simple they lived their lives and yet they do not complain. For instance, we have air-cond to indulge in but start complaining even when we hang out with places with no air-cond but which have fans. While they, they live in a house with no fan or air-cond and yet they live so comfortably and not complain (or that is what I think). After the whole thing ended, we said our goodbyes and got onto the bus and made our way to a nearby waterfall where we had our lunch. Then, we headed back to our camp site where we started throwing people in the pool. Lets just say 3/4 of the campers got thrown into the pool by a bunch of us. Once we were satisfied with throwing people into the pool, we had a game of captain ball as well as ice and water in the pool. Hahaha. I must say that all of us had a really good time together then. That same night, we had our second session with Bro Theo after our dinner. Another great message was conveyed to us by him. As per usual, we had our round of indoor games session that night before having our supper and fellowship session. Once we were back in our rooms, we had the guys over and started playing a few rounds of Mafia before calling it a day.
Day 3.
I woke up really early on the last day as I had to worship lead for the last session. Being the usual me, I was really stressed up because (just in case you didn't know), I wasn't born a singer and I had a difficult time finding my key and all. What made things worse was that I was sleep deprived. However, by the end of the worship session, I was really glad that I did it because I could really feel God's presence there and I found real joy & peace while singing unto Him. We had our lunch once the service ended and started packing up our things not long after that. Once all of that was done, we boarded the bus and started our journey back home.
That is basically the gist of what happened during camp. Trust me, I was summarising what happened as much as I could. Haha. Nonetheless, I want to say that God really worked in me this time around and I could really feel Him telling me over and over again that I should just start letting go of my worries and anxiety about the future but to simply trust and commit everything to Him. Don't think that it will be an easy thing for me to do because I am really heavy hearted about things but I will do it. I also felt Him telling me that He has greater plans for me in which He will use me to do greater things for Him wherever I will go after this. Thus, in Him I will trust. :)
'Twas a great and memorable camp. Looking forward to next year's camp already! Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment